Skip to content

The Impact of Carbon Monoxide

ServiceWhat could be more ominous that a deadly substance that you can’t smell, see, or taste that could be permeating the air around your home?  Nothing.  There is quite possibly nothing more terrifying, which is why you need to know if your heating system has any defects or ventilation issues, before carbon monoxide poisons the air you breathe.  There are simple steps to protect your family, but first, know the effects and symptoms!

Carbon monoxide is known as the silent killer for a reason.  The toxin can cause tissue death in your vital organs such as your lungs and heart.  What happens when your home is inundated with carbon monoxide, your body begins to replace the oxygen in your cells with carbon monoxide thus leading oxygen deprivation in your brain, heart, and lungs.  In serious cases, left untreated, carbon monoxide poisoning can be deadly.

If you have your concerns, you should be looking for headaches, dizziness, and nausea.  Serious and prolonged  exposure can result in vomiting, fainting, or a feeling of tightness in your chest that makes it difficult to breathe.  Should you or a family member be experiencing ANY of these symptoms, contact a healthcare professional as soon as possible.

Carbon monoxide poisoning can be treated, if you’re paying attention and catch it early on.  However, without maintaining the safety of your home’s furnace, the health issues will continue.   Get your furnace closely inspected by a professional who knows what to look for in terms of vulnerabilities in the system.  Also, consider purchasing a carbon monoxide monitoring system to alert you if levels rise above what is considered safe.

 Contact us today to come out and make sure everything is functioning properly and that your family will be safe!

Add Your Comment (Get a Gravatar)

Get a Gravatar! Your Name

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *.

*